Wednesday, January 9, 2008

COUNTED CROSS-STITCH... Do YOU Do It?




In the 80's I use to love to create Counted Cross stitch pictures, it was the "thing" to do. I was raising my 4 children and would love to just sit down take a break or take it with me in the car and just stitch away...it's not an easy thing to do and my eyes would never work good enough to take it up again. I have an appreciation for all the patience time & work involved.
At a yard sale a few years back I came across this stunning and immaculate stitchery of a country victorian home and garden, (It was extremely inexpensive I might ad) I had it matted in white with dark brown edging, and placed in one of our very old frames which I painted white and made it chippy, it still had the wavy antique glass.
Just wanted to share it with you, this is a new corner in the bedroom. The antique corner cabinet I recently bought from my friend Krista at Re-Creations she acquired from an old home in North Ogden getting ready for demolition last year. This just happened to be the ONLY CORNER available in our home. I beleive this room is overdue for a new color of paint.... only SOMEDAY!


3 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness Brenda ~ can you imagine the time and the patience that would take to dot that ~ I remember cross stitching in the 80's alot ~ but, I think I only finished one project ~
xoxo,
Lori

sherri said...

My dear grandmother "tried" to teach me. She really did, bless her little heart!! I never learned because I was too Hyper - I was a kid, and then, adult on the run! I wanted to move, move, move, and not sit still. Now, I am not so young anymore. I am learning the art of "being still". I would love to think back from Memory and create beautiful Cross Stitch with the supplies my grandmother left me. She has some beauties!
Breanda that picture is Gorgeous!! It looks perfect in that frame. I really love the way your photos are turning out - you make everything look so beautiful!
hugs friend! sherri

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'm up for it.... does it involve math? I am new to blogging and my own business. Glad I found you. I love inspiration in things I have virtually no talent for...
You have inspired me.

Warm Regards,

Karen Eileen