Tuesday, July 14, 2009

General Store Co-op Chicks...it's new!



As promised...news of a General store, location: North corner in the big bank on Gentile and Main street in Layton. If you don't see parking on the street then go around to back of building,and come in side door. Once you figure that out you are fine. Closed mondays. Tues-Friday 11:00-7:00 p.m. and Sat. 11:00-5 Set inside the old bank making for lots of quaint charming space.
Don't you love the name and the windows? My husband and I adore old General stores.
You'll have to spend some of your lazy summer hours in their shop. The outside is very inviting don't you think? Wish you could see the window display better its a big summer chair with a bright antique fan on a table. An antique bicycle greets you at a grand entree with a coke cooler full of vintage. Inside a cooler of drinks await too.
These gals are not afraid to use color, you will see walls painted boldly and signs around that tie in with their "chicks" theme. Creative and fun. Prices are reasonable with old and new merchandise and lots of handmade even by themselves.




Lets see if I have this right...there are 2 or 4 owners and then "chicks" who work the shop. I have met Suzanne and Nancy owners,whom are very personable, love making things and are excited about their new shop and happen to be Just a bed of roses customers. I want to know who does those window displays, thats some serious climbing!




I asked if it were possible to bring some items in on consignment as we are determined this year to park in the garage.(our famous words)and our shop is quite small, I was invited to do so, thank you very much! So here are some items that we took in Wednesday evening.








In this last picture there is a rusty antique pop bottle stand, it holds quite alot of old pop bottles. The big box is a very old coffee box and the red box is a metal Royal Baking. You'll notice in the shop what I brought in as I use the same tea dyed tags as used in my shop and code name is rose6.

For only being open a week or two I think they are on their way to having an interesting business.Congratulations & Good luck from Just a Bed of Roses! I invite our customers to support this new business.

7 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

One of my daughters and I were driving by the day it opened and decided to stop in. They said they had a line down the street when they first opened that morning. When we were there they were pretty wiped out of merchandise. Glad you're taking things in to sell. I'm still trying to get some retail therapy! Maybe tomorrow. Mimi

Just a bed of roses said...

Susie you got in before me? I have been watching it for a month now...of course i have been gone alot. but still!They are hard workers and they will get better, I remember being brand new, it all takes time.

blog n' tell said...

This looks like I need to head to Layton and check out the goods. Looks like you will be adding some fun items at their shop too!

Julie Marie said...

Looks really cute Brenda, but "Bed of Roses" will always be my "home away from home"!!!

Everyday Sparkles said...

How sweet of you to help them advertise. You're the best. Can't wait to see your new things this weekend.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for sharing the news Brenda. Julie and I will stop there next time we head for Bear Lake together. We are going to Just a Bed of Roses tomorrow. About 12:30 1:00. I love your store, wish I was closer.

PunkRose {Sher} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.