Sunday, June 6, 2010

Vintage Shabby PINK couches for creating room

This week: OUR VINTAGE LINENS AND NEW PEARLY LINENS
ARE 20% OFF
There are many fun ones and tea stained varieties to chose from.


Working on getting a "NEW vintage look" for my workspace at home.
Shellie suggest I use this shabby pink couch set as a sitting area, thinking
it may go right in the middle of the room. To relax and ponder through
the wonderous magazines I have collected.
Sounds great to me, don't you think so to?

Would anyone know the year this may be, I heard it came from someones great grandmas
and that person was possibly in his 40's.
I know pinks were popular in 50's and 60's
and this seems older to me.
It is THE HEAVIEST PIECES I HAVE EVER FELT.
Can't quite figure if it is wool or nylon or a blend.
When I decide on the rooms theme then the fabric
will co-ordinate so plan on pictures of the re-do SOMEDAY.
Hoping this summer.
You say why not leave it PINK...well, this does need recovered as a cat had
many a day sharpening its paws on it.
Who knows what wonderful fabric its going to be wearing next.

Each piece has the springs tightened up like this, so the couch is really firm
not like so many couches you find that are saggies.
You know them, you sit and land to the ground
Cute style right!
If I find anything different and decide not to use this set be sure to let me
know and I will sell it to you for a VERY LARGE SUM
ha! just kidding...well, maybe not.
Will share some other pieces recently acquired or refinished for my
workroom in progress.
Must clean out the garage before doing this room is my REALITY.
Shellie said the wallpaper MUST GO
and I SAID... OH DEAR...THEN AGREED and said
"YOU tell your father, NOT ME!

I'm sure you have some great plans for Re-do's too this summer.

Isn't this weather lovely, our weekend was filled with a nieces  fun purple/cream wedding 
hope to share some pictures and a new baby blessing picnic with families.
Let the summer begin

No comments: