Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let's Begin...2009




All of us have the empty 2009 calendar pages in front of us ...they are clean with NO PAST ON THEM this morning and during this day the pages will start to fill up...most times we get to chose what goes on them. For one...today I am having a small date with an old friend I haven't seen much this past year...this friend lives with me, it's name is the Treadmill.(you may have a friend like mine with the exact name?) I have always said my friends name not so lovingly...but I am NOW chosing to think of this friend in a much fonder way this year with the analogy that our friends enhance our lives, they make us stronger and are always there NO MATTER WHAT.

Another friend that's coming with me this year is the new Secret... Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne...hoping by the end of the year I will really know what Gratitude is all about and learn to FEEL it more deeply.

Have you read Jenny doh Somersets Editor-in-chiefs blog? www.jennydoh.typepad.com I loved how she sums up living for 2009:

"And that no matter how daunting it may feel sometimes, small steps are what it takes to really live...small steps are what eventually cause the large steps to be traveled. I invite you to resolve to take one step at a time, one layer at a time as we live each moment and each day of 2009 DELIBERATELY, AUTHENTICALLY and PASSIONATELY."
lET'S BEGIN...Happy New Year to all of you!

3 comments:

Everyday Sparkles said...

What a beautiful post! You have inspired me. I'll be in today for that new book you blogged about. Looks so cute and it get's me in the mood for Valentine's. See you soon!

Unknown said...

I'm feeling sooo inspired- you said it all, Brenda. I hope 2009 brings you everything your sweet heart desires!!

Roxie Morrow said...

I do have the same exact friend, but with a different name, ELIPTICAL. I'll be rekindling our old friendship this morning. :)

I look forward to another great year, hopefully getting smaller and smaller as the months pass by. heehee

xoxo
Rox