Saturday, June 25, 2011

BEAUTIFUL ROSE...in antique sheet music

1922 Beautiful Rose Vocal duet:

Beautiful rose, beautiful rose,
Blooming so sweet, so sweet and fair.

Beautiful rose, beautiful rose,
Your fragrance fills, yes, fills the air.
Queen of the garden come to my heart
There I will keep thee never to part.

Beautiful rose, beautiful rose,
Wonderful charm your color shows

Beautiful rose, beautiful rose, beautiful rose,
stronger your charm in memory grows.
All the world over you reign serene
Every one loves you oh perfect queen.

Beautiful rose beautiful rose,
Token of love you'd ever be.

Beautiful rose, beautiful rose,
my own true love
gave you to me.

MCMXIX
LOVE SENDS A LITTLE GIFT OF ROSES


1962
RAMBLIN' ROSE

MCMXXXVI
THE ONE ROSE

MCMXXVI
LAY MY HEAD BENEATH A ROSE

1927
ARE YOU HAPPY?
Life is a search for happiness
and some of us
look all in vain.
You went to find your happiness
and filled my heart with pain.
Who kows but maybe you were right?
But I'm still wond'ring tonight.

If you have found your Paradise
With someone else
then I'm content
Glad that I made the sacrifice,
you know how much it meant!
I only hope for your own sake
You haven't made a mistake.

Are you happy without me near?
Are you smiling to hide a tear?
Oh, how often I've wondered whether
You have forgotten me all together.
Are there moments when you regret
That you broke your vow?
Tell me truly, old pal of mine,
Are you really happy now?

New Black rose purse.

I wanted to share vintage sheet music with you.
Today I purchased an orange box full, with hardly a peek.
What a joy to find such lovely pieces in color,
lettering and words.
Wish I had a piano
because I'd play them tonight
and possibly sing.
As I sort them into seasons they will be showing up
in the shop and certainly will share their
beauty on this blog.
enjoy
and enjoy a beautiful weekend.

No comments: