Sunday, August 26, 2007

antique LOVEBIRDS Birthday present


Husband and I took a little "get away" for our birthdays, our favorite thing to do is visit antique shops and malls and eat lots of good food. I found this sweetest musical german antique caliope at Treasures in Springville, Utah. I glanced at the precious little cherubs and then the windmill caught my eye as our last name is Dutch, adoringly picked it up to admire and when I saw the 2 little silver love birds at the top I made claim to my husband...this is what I want for my birthday! He smiled (and thought " how easy" ) all I could find for him was an cute old box of staws...
Lets face it, to be married 34 years and be happy in love, what could be better!

9 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

There isn't much better than that I agree.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time
and I wish you many many many more birthdays together.

(( ))

Sharon said...

What a delightful present you lucky girl.

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda!

What an adorable Caliope! I don't blame you for wanting it. So happy you are still in love. That's the way it should be. Hope you have many more fun birthdays!
xo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Charmingdesigns said...

How sweet! Laurie

Scrappy Moments said...

Aww Beautiful finds. Happy Birthady :)

Angie

Roxie Morrow said...

I love your stories about hubby and you. I love those cherubs, what a cute gift, you lucky girl.
Happy Belated Birthday(s).

Unknown said...

Very pretty and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both! My hubby and I have side-by-side birthdays in January.

Oh happy day,
KJ
California

Jana said...

Hi! I stopped by your boutique today...I'm in love! I took some pictures and had to post them on my blog to tell everyone how great it was!

Just a bed of roses said...

Thanks to all of you pink sisters from mmp, you always have time to support me and I do appreciate it.

And to my new customer Jan Russell, thanks for coming by and taking pictures for your sweet blog, I am honored that you would take the time to mention my shop.You have a beautiful family, come visit when I am there and let me know if I can help you with anything. Brenda justabedofroses.com