Sunday, April 21, 2013

Now it's time to heal

Some weeks are just harder than others...aren't they?


Parental worries:

Our only daughter had major back surgery Monday
I swear I could feel every pain as I watched her
try to manage her pain and discomfort.
Oh how we hurt when our children hurt.


You go through these things too.


grandparent responsibilities:

Helping 4 grandchildren back and forth to school.
hospital visits. comforting. food. baths. bedtime. homework.
It took grandma AND grandpa...
and it was such a blessing for us to be a part of.

all of us juggling work schedules:

thankful to our son in law who slept every night
by her side, waiting on her every need,
giving her the best of care.
Showering her with 2 magnificent fresh bouquets.
Heavenly!

So glad it's the sunday AFTER and not the sunday BEFORE.

during this time:
Joni sat beside her weary mother, holding her sweet hand as she
was coming to the end of her beautiful life.
Joni, crying, was reading her Psalms 23


The world's favorite psalm:

The Lord is my Shepherd
I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
He leadeth me beside the still waters
He restoreth my soul
He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil
for thou art with me.
Thy rod and thy staff comfort me.
Though preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies.
thou annointest my head with oil
my cup runneth over
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life.
I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Joni's mother left this world to live with her
heavenly father, this morning. Sunday.

and then we had...

The Boston Marathon turning into a tragedy
bless all those who were affected

Glad this week is over

now it's time to heal



2 comments:

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Joni, you and your daughter!
Take care,
Pam

Lisa said...

So sorry about the turmoil you've both been facing lately. My heart is with you.