Friday, January 7, 2011

UNDERSTAND...my word of the year

Margie R. Aslett pops into the shop every now and then,  she is a creative paper designer and when I want to see what she is up to I check out her blog: http://www.margieromney-aslett.typepad.com/
She choses a WORD each year and many of her Peeps join in...it got me thinking that I need a WORD TOO for 2011  
  Pretend the drum roll here....
            UNDERSTAND...is my WORD OF THE YEAR.

Events of last year may have been helpful in chosing why this word really spoke out to me.
Yes I know... we put to rest last year and start a new.
Still this IS the word with last year gone and a better person for it.

Something I need to always be mindful of...to UNDERSTAND.
Ways I can be thoughtful...UNDERSTAND ing.
Many times for reasons unknown I don't know how to UNDERSTAND.
Lots of times I really get it...I UNDERSTAND!

I UNDERSTAND lots of reasons I do things and then sometimes I don't.
I try to UNDERSTAND my husband and children, sometimes confusing?
My uncle who died suddenly last year which I thought so unreasonable...but I will find ways to UNDERSTAND it while his family makes some grueling changes.
I must UNDERSTAND that trials can make me grow.
I LOVE what I do each day, this I understand to a large degree.
UNDERSTAND...To grasp the meaning of.
To not UNDERSTAND AT ALL and it's still okay.
To grasp the reasonableness of his/her behavior is sometimes hard to UNDERSTAND.

To show a sympathetic or tolerant attitude toward something...like aging parents.
I don't UNDERSTAND how this is suppose to work.
You should read the book to UNDERSTAND what is going on.

In my business it's a word that is always there.
Think about it in YOUR life.

I know that this year I will try to be more aware of this word in my daily experiences and maybe
it will help build my character.

How about you, do you have a Word?
What word would you chose?

No comments: